Germany Based ACAM Plans International Training Network for Additive Manufacturing
Together with the universities KU Leuven (Belgium), TU Eindhoven (Netherlands), RWTH Aachen (Germany) and industrial partners, ACAM – the Aachen Center for Additive Manufacturing – has applied for a European funded project aiming to build up an truly international and innovative Training Network for Additive Manufacturing.
The proposal named LEA – Multi-scale engineered materials by additive manufacturing (LEA stands for Leuven, Eindhoven, Aachen) has been submitted to the call H2020-MSCA-ITN-2017 at the beginning of January 2017.
The Aachen Center for Additive Manufacturing is a Germany based research institution that combines the expertise from world-class institutes, research centers and startup companies inside and along the RWTH Aachen Campus. Founded as a platform for networking, coordinating joint research and development as well as conducting training and education seminars, ACAM offers access to innovative know-how, training and education, process, software and systems engineering as well as customized services covering all aspects of Additive Manufacturing (AM) technologies.
The ACAM Aachen Center for Additive Manufacturing offers an extensive range of seminars on Additive Manufacturing for 2017.
The Full list of Seminar Topics Includes:
- 23. Mrz 17 Innovation Day Additive Manufacturing
- 04. Apr 17 Powder Bed Based Laser Melting Starter Training
- 05. Apr 17 Powder Bed Based Laser Melting Advanced Training
- 27. Jun 17 Basics in LMD Technology
- 06. Jul 17 AM for Polymers: Basics and Hands-On Training
- 13. Sept 17 AM Based Industrial Process Chains
- 12. Oct 17 Application fields of plastic-based production
- 17. Oct 17 Potentials of the Powder Based AM Process Selective Laser Melting
- 26. Oct 17 Innovation Day Additive Manufacturing
- 09. Nov 17 Additive Manufacturing for Tool Making and for Small Serie Production
- 29. Nov 17 Design for SLM
- 30. Nov 17 Additive Manufacturing in foundry industry