Emery Oleochemicals launches LOXIOL series of metal filaments
New product portfolio debuted at Formnext 2022
Binder system expert Emery Oleochemicals launched the new LOXIOL metal filament products at the Formnext 2022 exhibition and conference in Frankfurt am Main, Germany last November 15 – 18, 2022.
While Emery Oleochemicals’ binder system has been used in metal injection molding (MIM) for more than 30 years, it has found its way into the 3D printing market for several years already as well. These new LOXIOL metal filament products expand the company’s offerings to the additive manufacturing market for fused filament fabrication (FFF).
Advantages of metal Fused Filament Fabrication technology include the elimination of complicated powder management is completely eliminated with higher safety for employees. Also, 100% of the powder is converted to the final part (with support structures to be recycled) leading to improved sustainability of the process. FFF is a well-established 3D printing technology for quick and cost-efficient part production, capable of making hollow parts including closed hollow parts. Systems require a significantly lower investment compared to other metal additive manufacturing processes and it is quite complementary to MIM, with potentially unlimited materials
Emery’s new LOXIOL metal filaments portfolio is comprised of 5 materials; each will be available in diameters of 1.75mm and 2.85mm:
- LOXIOL 316LThe parts exhibit high corrosion resistance, toughness, ductility, as well as high acid resistance. This combination is ideal for a wide range of applications in aerospace, automotive, energy, jewelry, medical, shipbuilding and many other industries.
- LOXIOL 17-4PHThe components made of LOXIOL 17-4PH material have high corrosion resistance combined with high strength. This combination is ideal for medical applications such as surgical instruments.
- LOXIOL 718The nickel chromium alloy is suitable for use with high temperatures and corrosive conditions. Components manufactured using LOXIOL 718 have good tensile, fatigue, creep and fracture strength at temperatures up to 700°C, making them ideal for many high temperature applications such as gas turbine parts, medical instruments or parts for the power and process industries.
- LOXIOL CopperThis high-purity copper offers good electrical and thermal conductivity, making it suitable for a wide range of applications.
- LOXIOL Ti6Al4VTI6Al4V is a well-known light alloy, which is characterized by excellent mechanical properties and corrosion resistance combined with low weight and biocompatibility.